Qtectic is currently in discussions with the State on the upcoming ETCS variation works. A final structure, delivery method and price is currently being negotiated.
European Train Control System Project
Qtectic and the State have agreed on State-funded modifications for the ETCS Works which are passed through to Alstom on a back-to-back basis.
- The State, Qtectic and Alstom have negotiated the terms of the ETCS Amendment Deed (EAD).
- The State is deploying an Automatic Train Protection system on the Queensland Rail network using a level 2 European Train Control System (ETCS)
- ETCS is based on cab signalling and intermittent and / or continuous track to train data transmission.
- ETCS requires the implementation of both on-board and trackside equipment which requires the equipment to be fitted onto the QNGR fleet.
- The State intends to have this installed across Queensland Rail’s network prior to the opening of the Cross River Rail tunnel targeted for 2024.
- The ETCS Works modifications are being carried out by the ETCS Contractor (Alstom) at the maintenance centre at Wulkuraka
- Hitachi Rail will act as a subcontractor to the ETCS Contractor in order to deliver and install the trackside infrastructure
- The ETCS Contractor will in turn be directly subcontracted by Qtectic under an ETCS Works Contract